The TimeZoneOne (TZO) story started in Christchurch 25 years ago, and as our American client base grew we expanded to the USA. Our creative team remained in Christchurch working on major international brands.
TZO is now part of the Schafer Condon Carter (SCC) family, a data-driven human insights agency based in Chicago, crafting thoughtful brand experiences for large clients across North America.
Together, our teams are experienced and know the NZ, Australian, USA and Canadian markets well so we're great at creating big ideas for our clients, and ROI to go with it. It's challenging and it's very, very rewarding.
Our clients are a mix of tourism, destination, education, property, food, manufacturing & agriculture companies, selling into both international and domestic markets.
The Role: Account Supervisor
If you're interested in applying for the role, please send your résumé and cover letter to Rokki Kaplan ([email protected]).
We are looking for a rock-star addition to our Client Engagement department. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who likes collaboration as well as autonomy. A roll-up-your-sleeves type, as we're small and each person wears a lot of hats. No room for hiding or egos. Positive attitude, optimistic at heart, casual, fun, can read a client or situation like a book and proactively bring solutions and opportunities.
Your role is to keep your clients (we call them partners) engaged with TimeZoneOne. We call them partners because we offer more than just account service, we offer them true business partnerships. It means contributing a mix of thinking that includes business/industry knowledge, thought leadership, client support, and project management.
You will provide strategic direction on digital, creative, strategy and content (seeking advice from our team experts), as well as day-to-day marketing support and advice as required. You will liaise with your partners on all projects, and ensure that their business goals are always top of mind when briefing and discussing these projects. Given our agency’s expertise, it is important that you have previous experience managing digital projects – including website redesign, digital creative development, digital marketing, etc.
You’re also a do-er, which means you will be managing the day-to-day work for your clients. You are responsible for keeping the TZO internal team engaged in delivering your clients’ goals. This means ensuring that TZO project processes are followed, and that projects are delivered on time, to scope, and on budget.
This position reports to the VP Client Engagement. You will receive a mix of partners that cross industries/categories and require you to perform both leadership and support activity. This role is strategically designed to challenge you and inspire future career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Strengthen relationships with our clients by offering integrated business solutions and making personal connections through strong and effective communication.
- Grow TZO revenue organically by adding value to existing client partnerships. Lead and educate these partners, identify new project opportunities, and showcase all aspects of TZO expertise.
- Support new business development (where appropriate) to grow TZO revenue with new prospects.
- Grow TZO profitability by ensuring projects are delivered on time, to scope, and on budget.
- Ensure TZO financial success by invoicing projects on time, billing project disbursements, and reporting weekly on progress and key project budgets.
- Develop professional skills that advance your career, as well as make the agency team more successful at providing our partners with creative marketing solutions.
- Ensure a safe working environment by supporting company compliance with the Health & Safety in Employment Act, identify hazards, and ensure visitors are protected by safe systems.
- Resourceful, Collaborate, Innovate, Challenge, Celebrate
Special Skills / Competencies / Previous Experience
- Four-year degree preferably in areas of marketing, communication, and/or management
- 4+ years of relevant experience at a marketing agency
- US Citizen in good standing
- On occasion, be able to travel and assist with special projects outside 9 am-6 pm business hours
- Flexibility and organization to juggle workload across multiple time zones and work with remote teams
- Knowledge of the agency inner-workings, departments, project flow, and (sometimes tight) timelines
- Strong creative brief writing and timeline development skills
- Management across a range of projects - multiple clients/industries/agency partners
- Execution across a variety of channels/programs with an emphasis on digital projects - web redesign, digital creative development, digital marketing, etc.
- Vendor management – i.e. briefing suppliers, sourcing quotes and managing jobs and financials
- History of delivering thought leadership initiatives to your previous clients
- Capable of developing long-term, professional relationships with your clients
- Flexible (can roll with it), creative thinker, resourceful, naturally curious, team oriented, good natured
- Independent proactive problem solver that can drive projects from budget/brief through completion
- Outstanding communication and writing skills with a commitment to quality and attention to detail
- An awesome attitude, enjoy working in teams as well as independently to get it done
- Have a genuine passion for working with people and enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems.
- Strives for professional growth that benefits you (personally) as well as your teams (agency & client)