The TimeZoneOne (TZO) story started in Christchurch 26 years ago, and as our American client base grew we expanded to the USA. Our creative team remained in Christchurch working on major international brands.
TZO is now part of the Schafer Condon Carter (SCC) family, a data-driven human insights agency based in Chicago, crafting thoughtful brand experiences for large clients across North America.
Together, our teams are experienced and know the NZ, Australian, USA and Canadian markets well so we're great at creating big ideas for our clients, and ROI to go with it. It's challenging and it's very, very rewarding.
Our clients are a mix of tourism, destination, education, property, food, manufacturing & agriculture companies, selling into both international and domestic markets.
The Role: Content Manager
Your role is to create high-quality content for TZO Clients. Much of this will be digital—blog posts, social content, e-newsletters, video scripts—but also other marketing content as required. You will collaborate with the creative team to ideate and concept creative projects.
You’ll also work with the broader content team and development team to research and develop content strategies and customer personas, and contribute to information architectures for new and existing websites.
You’ll be someone who has an innate understanding of how content thrives online, and how to communicate that to others. You’ll be able to track the performance of digital content, identify opportunities to optimise performance of clients’ websites, and prepare reports that present your findings and recommendations.
A huge part of the role is collaboration, both internally and externally (such as agency partners and third-party vendors). Plus, you’ll need to be able to build positive relationships and partner with clients as their direct go-to for web & content needs.
You will partner with the wider TZO team to develop TZO marketing. This will include creating high-quality content for TZO, such as blog posts and e-newsletter material. You may be called on to manage and facilitate updates and enhancements to all areas of our external digital communications. You’ll also contribute to new business proposals and pitches.
In addition, you will look for opportunities to proactively add value to client partnerships by leading and educating clients, showcasing all aspects of TZO expertise, and presenting new project opportunities.
Together we’ll help you become a more well-rounded marketing professional, and build on your skills and experience so you continue to thrive in the modern marketing environment.
Skills & Experience
- Four-year degree in Journalism, Marketing, Advertising or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Exceptional track record of creating exceptional content and creative ideas
- Extensive ability to write engaging short and long-form content
- Ability to work in different CMS platforms
- Knowledge and ability to work in different CRM platforms
- Commitment to quality
- An eye for detail and systematic processes
- Outstanding communication and writing skills
- Experience working with multiple tight deadlines; ability to work across multiple time zones and with remote teams
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as part of an outstanding team
- Stamina, flexibility, and resilience
- US Citizen in good standing
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- A commitment to personal development and life-long learning
- A track record of proactively proposing new processes and solutions
- You enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems.
Key responsibilities include
- Write, create and publish high-quality content for TZO Clients, including digital content, blog posts, social content, e-newsletters, video scripts, presentation content, integrated marketing channels and other content as required
- Create and manage content/editorial calendars
- Generate content ideas for clients, and plans to implement and execute them
- Conduct content audits and make content recommendations
- Work with third parties, like bloggers, journalists, influencers to commission and edit high quality content for TZO clients
- Proof, and edit content, websites, proposals, presentations and any other work that requires quality assurance
- Optimize content according to SEO
- Research and create customer personas and content strategies for TZO clients
- Collaborate with wider content team and development team to create information architectures for new websites
- Write clear, compelling marketing copy across multiple advertising channels
- Concept and ideate as needed
- Manage and update content and imagery on websites
- Build new website pages and make updates as needed
- Collaborate with developers as needed to ensure content is presented in the best way possible
- Analyze, recommend, implement and review changes to websites so they are optimized for search engines
- Review digital data and report on performance of our sites against the goals and KPIs agreed toby clients
- Prepare reports to present your findings and recommendations
- Manage CRM campaigns and platforms such as Active Campaign, MailChimp, Constant Contact etc.
Smart, enthusiastic and friendly? Get in touch! Everything else we can work on.
Interested applicants should send their résumé and cover letter to [email protected].