We solve business problems and tell stories. A small, independent integrated marketing agency celebrating our 25th year, located in a great brand new space in central Christchurch, we're looking for a key leader who loves developing big digital ideas, clearly communicates concepts, mentors and collaborates a team of developers & digital marketers. We are a tight-knit team with offices in NZ, US and Canada, though we instill a "one team" philosophy.
The Role: Digital Strategist
A sound creative thinker, the Digital Strategist is a key leader who develops big digital ideas, clearly communicates concepts, mentors and collaborates with a team of creative developers and digital marketers to ensure best practice websites and digital asset solutions are delivered for our clients. The Digital Strategist is a critical part of the leadership team also focusing on new business development (in their area of expertise) and the company's marketing plan to ensure growth, development and inspiring leadership are at the forefront of our DNA.
The primary objective is to oversee the company's web development and digital marketing process, and act as the thought leader in everything web and digital, constantly researching new tools, best practices and technology, to help determine the best solutions for client needs. When in the planning stages of any web development project, the Strategist determines the technology being used and leads the discussion in customisation, optimisation and integrations of developed programmes or third party ecommerce or CRM programmes/services, as well as third party vendors.
The Digital Strategist will support the Development Manager, Digital Project Manager and Digital Marketing Manager to ensure that their teams are following our agreed upon processes, and are delivering projects on scope, on budget and on time.
- Resourceful, Collaborate, Innovate, Challenge, Celebrate
Special Skills / Competencies / Previous Experience
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline.
- Completed study in areas of Production/Development/Digital Marketing Management and Training is desired.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships across the organisation which will contribute to an up-to-date business knowledge and understanding.
- 10+ years Website Management using a CMS, preferably Silverstripe CMS, WordPress CMS or similar.
- 5+ years of experience working in a similar role in a creative or digital studio.
- Understanding of how third party tools (iframes, APIs) work.
- Understanding of UI/UX.
- Understanding of digital marketing.
- Proven ability to deliver effective training.
- Depth of experience and knowledge required to make sound judgements and decisions.
- Proven leadership of people.
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Have a genuine passion for working with people and enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.