The TimeZoneOne (TZO) story started in Christchurch 25 years ago, and as our American client base grew we expanded to the USA. Our creative team remained in Christchurch working on major international brands.
TZO is now part of the Schafer Condon Carter (SCC) family, a data-driven human insights agency based in Chicago, crafting thoughtful brand experiences for large clients across North America.
Together, our teams are experienced and know the NZ, Australian, USA and Canadian markets well so we're great at creating big ideas for our clients, and ROI to go with it. It's challenging and it's very, very rewarding.
Our clients are a mix of tourism, destination, education, property, food, manufacturing & agriculture companies, selling into both international and domestic markets.
The Role: Senior Digital Designer
The two chosen candidates will produce exceptional digital creative delivering business results for SCC and TZO clients based in the US. Your core skills will be in digital design with particular focus on UX/UI. This requires you to be an expert with Adobe XD (you’ll be collaborating with colleagues in the US on XD files), and familiar with user experience outputs (user flows, prototypes, wireframes, and mockup’s).
An understanding of how layouts work in html/css is also expected of someone at this level. If you’re one of those rare individuals with crossover front-end dev knowledge, we’re even more eager to hear from you.
People skills are essential to this role. We need you to work as part of a team, communicate well, bring a positive attitude, and be prepared to talk to clients. We will both challenge and support you to learn and grow in this role.
We will also require flexibility in your working hours - early morning starts and the odd Saturday morning will be required in this role to ensure we have suitable crossover with the US based team and clients.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline, e.g. digital design
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- A track record of producing exceptional digital creative that delivers business results.
- Competent following UX/UI principles in Adobe XD and HTML/CSS.
- Extensive knowledge of design and the creative industries.
- Capable of developing long term relationships with your clients.
- Commitment to quality.
- An eye for detail and systematic processes.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working with tight deadlines.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as part of an outstanding team.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- NZ citizen or resident.
Benefits and perks
- Fair-trade organic espresso coffee and a weekly fruit basket
- Fun and modern office with sit / stand desks
- We pride ourselves on an unlimited paid leave policy, and a flexible working environment, so if you need to work from home on occasion, or shoot away for an appointment, it's not a problem!
Smart, enthusiastic and friendly? Get in touch! Everything else we can work on.
Please apply using the link below, and do include a cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will be discarded. If you are not a New Zealand citizen then please indicate your right to work in New Zealand. We would love to see examples of your work that demonstrates your skills, interests, or just plain love of digital design.