The TimeZoneOne (TZO) story started in Christchurch 25 years ago, and as our American client base grew we expanded to the USA. Our creative team remained in Christchurch working on major international brands.
TZO is now part of the Schafer Condon Carter (SCC) family, a data-driven human insights agency based in Chicago, crafting thoughtful brand experiences for large clients across North America.
Together, our teams are experienced and know the NZ, Australian, USA and Canadian markets well so we're great at creating big ideas for our clients, and ROI to go with it. It's challenging and it's very, very rewarding.
Our clients are a mix of tourism, destination, education, property, food, manufacturing & agriculture companies, selling into both international and domestic markets.
The Role: Account Executive
We are looking for a rock-star addition to our Client Engagement department. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who likes collaboration as well as autonomy. A roll-up-your-sleeves type, as we're small and each person wears a lot of hats. No room for hiding or egos. Positive attitude, optimistic at heart, casual, fun, can read a client or situation like a book and proactively bring solutions and opportunities.
Your role is to keep your clients (we call them partners) engaged with TimeZoneOne. We call them partners because we offer more than just account service, we offer them true business partnerships. It means contributing a mix of thinking that includes business/industry knowledge, thought leadership, client support, and project management.
You will provide strategic support on experiential, digital, creative, strategy and content (seeking advice from our team experts), as well as day-to-day marketing support and advice as required. You will liaise with your partners on all projects, and ensure that their business goals are always top of mind when briefing and discussing these projects.
You’re also a do-er, which means you will be managing the day-to-day work for your clients. You are responsible for keeping the TZO internal team engaged in delivering your clients’ goals. This means partnering with our project managers to ensure that projects are delivered on time, to scope, and on budget.
This position reports to the VP Client Engagement. You will receive a mix of partners that cross industries/categories and require you to perform both leadership and support activity. The unique aspect of this role is that you will be focused on partners with experiential work – think activations that bring our client brands to life.
TimeZoneOne is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Strengthen partner relationships by offering proactive, integrated business solutions and making personal connections through strong and effective communication.
- Build TZO’s executional expertise within experiential marketing projects across key partners.
- Grow existing partner scopes by adding value to these relationships. In partnership with the VP Client Engagement, lead and educate our partners, identify new opportunities, and showcase TZO expertise.
- Partner with Project Management leads to ensure projects are executed with excellence
- Partner with Finance Department to manage overall partner financial within the agency.
- Develop professional skills that advance your career, as well as make the agency team more successful at providing our partners with creative marketing solutions.
- Ensure a safe working environment by supporting company compliance with the Health & Safety in Employment Act, identify hazards, and ensure visitors are protected by safe systems.
- Support new business development (where appropriate) to grow TZO revenue with new prospects.
- Resourceful, Collaborate, Innovate, Challenge, Celebrate
- Four-year degree preferably in areas of marketing, communication, and/or business or project management or equivalent work experience
- Completed study in areas of marketing, communication, management
Fundamentals / Experience / Critical Skills
- US Citizen or ability to work legally in the United States and in good standing
- 3-6 years of relevant integrated marketing agency experience, experiential marketing or project management
- Flexibility to think differently and work outside the usual “big agency” processes
- Ability and organization to juggle workload across multiple time zones and work with remote team
- Willingness to travel and assist with special projects outside 9am-5pm business hours (travel pending COVID restrictions and mitigations)
- Knowledge of an agency inner-workings, departments, project flow, and (sometimes tight) timelines
- Strong creative brief writing and timeline development skills
- Ability to work across a range of projects - multiple clients/industries/agency partners
- Experience executing across a variety of channels, with a passion and emphasis on experiential / brand activations
- Previous vendor management – i.e. briefing suppliers, sourcing quotes and managing jobs and financials
- History of delivering proactive, thought leadership ideas to your previous clients
- Capable of developing long-term, professional relationships with your clients
- Flexible (can roll with it), creative thinker, resourceful, naturally curious, team oriented, good natured
- Independent proactive problem solver that can drive projects from budget/brief through completion
- Outstanding communication and writing skills with a commitment to quality and attention to detail
- An awesome attitude, enjoy working in teams as well as independently to get it done
- Have a genuine passion for working with people and enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems.
- Strives for professional growth that benefits you (personally) as well as your teams (agency & client)
- History of delivering thought leadership initiatives to your previous clients