The TimeZoneOne (TZO) story started in Christchurch, New Zealand 27 years ago, and as our American client base grew, we expanded to the USA. Today, our team is located in the US and New Zealand and is part of the Schafer Condon Carter (SCC) family, an independent, digitally driven, full service group of problem solvers who work together to make things happen for brands and businesses.
Together, our teams craft thoughtful experiences for clients in NZ, Australian and North American markets from local companies to major international brands. All with the ROI to go with it. It's challenging and it's very, very rewarding.
Our clients are a mix of tourism, destination, education, property, food, manufacturing & agriculture companies, selling into both international and domestic markets.
The Role: Front-End Developer
As a Front-end developer, you will work with designers and other developers to deliver high quality digital solutions to meet our client’s business needs. You will be working on a diverse variety of projects ranging from new website builds, feature requests, internal theme/plugin development, API integrations, and maintenance. This is a great role with opportunities for you to develop your skills amongst a friendly and supportive team.
Do you love learning? Do you enjoy being a valuable part of a supportive team? Are you passionate about delivering fantastic solutions for clients? Does technology and the pursuit of excellence spin your wheels? If so, we want to hear from you!
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, diploma in ICT, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of commercial WordPress, SilverStripe and/or similar CMS experience
- 2+ years of experience with custom theme development in a CMS platform
- 1+ Algolia Search experience a plus
- Comfortable with the command line
- Confident with build tools (NPM)
- Familiarity with Git / GitHub / GitLab, and workflows
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as part of an outstanding team
- Commitment to quality
- An eye for detail and systematic processes
- Outstanding communication and writing skills
- Experience working with tight deadlines
- NZ citizen or resident
Benefits and perks
- Members of Canterbury Tech Cluster: head along to monthly events and the annual Tech Summit free of charge
- Fair-trade organic espresso coffee and a weekly fruit basket
- Developer training sessions and Laracasts subscription.
- Fun and modern office with sit / stand desks
- We pride ourselves on an unlimited paid leave policy, and a flexible working environment, so if you need to work from home on occasion, or shoot away for an appointment, it's not a problem!
Smart, enthusiastic and friendly? Get in touch! Everything else we can work on.
Please apply via Seek, and do include a cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will be discarded. If you are not a New Zealand citizen then please indicate your right to work in New Zealand. We would love to see any commercial or personal projects or GitHub repos that demonstrate your skills, interests, or just plain love of the web