The Role: Account Executive
We’re seeking a dynamic public relations professional with a go-getter attitude.
You’ll play an integral role in the day-to-day efforts for the agencies’ PR clients. Working closely with the PR team, this position is responsible for implementing media relations, influencer and experiential marketing strategies. This includes performing all traditional media relations functions including writing press materials; pitching, securing and tracking earned coverage; directly supporting media for press trips, events, etc; as well as strategizing and executing influencer partnerships; and planning and supporting experiential events and activations.
The ideal candidate has two to four years of public relations experience with a strong background in media relations, writing, influencer marketing and event planning, as well as a passion for food & beverage and travel & tourism. Previous agency experience and exposure to F&B and tourism industries is preferred. This exciting position offers opportunity for growth with the chance to work across clients for both TimeZoneOne and Schafer Condon Carter (TZO’s parent agency).
Flexible work environment and a voluntary hybrid work schedule. Occasional availability for weekend or after-hour client events required.
- Generate earned media coverage for clients with local, regional, national, international and trade outlets across print, broadcast and digital for F&B and tourism clients, among others
- Writing and editing press releases, media materials and interview talking points
- Building/maintaining media lists for international, national, regional, local and trade media
- Researching, contracting and executing influencer partnerships across Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, etc.
- Planning and staffing experiential events, activations and press events
- Contributing PR and marketing ideas to assist with larger strategy
- Building client presentations and decks (PowerPoint and Keynote)
- Creating and maintaining PR reports (Cision, Meltwater, etc)
- Proofing and editing copy (AP Style required)
- Collaborating with creative, performance paid media, strategy and client leadership teams to ensure integration of PR efforts
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 2-4 years of public relations experience with a strong background in public relations, media relations and writing
- Must have a degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Advertising or a similar field of study
- Experience pitching media and working with influencers
- Superior verbal and written skills, including but not limited to creative writing, copyediting and proofreading
- Professional demeanor, strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced, team oriented environment with multiple client deadlines is a must
- Ability to represent clients in a professional manner while interfacing with internal and external clients
- Organized and [very] detail-oriented with a keen eye for grammar, spelling, etc.
- A positive, solution-oriented attitude
About TimeZoneOne (part of the SCC family)
TimeZoneOne is a community of Strategists, Storytellers and Creators. A global agency with an un-agency approach. From retail and CPG to tourism, sports, education and membership marketing, our team has vast experience creating inspiring work across a variety of industries. Born in New Zealand in 1994, TimeZoneOne has offices in Chicago, New Zealand and Canada. Industry recognition includes Emmy Awards, Communicator Awards, PRSA Skyline Awards, PCC Skyline Awards, Telly Awards, an Effie, Mercury Award, W3 Awards, and Davey Award.
SCC has been an Ad Age Small Agency of the Year for 3 out of the past 4 years and recently won Emmy awards for work done on behalf of the Chicago Cubs and Illinois Department of Public Health. SCC is an independent creative agency with a diverse client roster including Kellogg's, Procter & Gamble, OnDeck, USA TODAY, Chicago Cubs, Old National Bank, and Gallagher Insurance as well as several B2B clients. Founded in 1989, SCC employs over 140 professionals across its global network. For more information, visit SchaferCondonCarter.com.
- Resourceful, Collaborate, Innovate, Challenge, Celebrate
If you’d like to join our growing PR team at TimeZoneOne/Schafer Condon Carter please apply via LinkedIn.