The TimeZoneOne (TZO) story started in Christchurch, New Zealand 28 years ago, and as our American client base grew, we expanded to the USA. Today, our team is located in the US and New Zealand and is part of the Schafer Condon Carter (SCC) family, an independent, digitally driven, full-service group of problem solvers who work together to make things happen for brands and businesses.
Together, our teams craft thoughtful experiences for clients in NZ, Australian and North American markets from local companies to major international brands. All with the ROI to go with it. It's challenging and it's very, very rewarding.
Our clients are a mix of tourism, destination, education, property, food, manufacturing & agriculture companies, selling into both international and domestic markets.
The Role: SEO Specialist
The chosen candidate will collaborate with the Digital Marketing Manager to develop execute and measure SEO campaigns to drive traffic growth for our NZ, Australian and US clients.
Specific tasks will include:
- Analyse client websites for technical SEO issues and opportunity
- Keyword research, rank tracking, support content strategy
- Fix minor code issues, CSS, HTML, JSON, etc
- Write, optimise and improve on-page meta tags, H1 tags, miscellaneous content areas, etc
- Write code for canonicals, hreflang tags, 301 redirects, pagination improvement, etc
- Maintain, optimise robots.txt, generate sitemaps, create/install Google Tag Manager code and basic tags, etc
- Disavow links, Google Search Console, fix website errors, page speed improvements, etc
- Report on results utilising Google Analytics and Google Data Studio, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of relevant, hands-on technical experience
- Knowledge and best practice of search engines
- Familiar and comfortable using popular CMS systems such as WordPress and SilverStripe
- Familiar and comfortable using popular SEO tools such as Screaming Frog SEO Spider, MOZ, SEMRush, and others
- Ability to create insights and recommendations based on data
- Being able to multitask and be organised so you can work on multiple clients and projects at the same time
- An eye for detail and systematic processes
Benefits and perks
- Fair-trade organic espresso coffee and a weekly fruit basket
- Fun and modern office with sit / stand desks
- We pride ourselves on an unlimited paid leave policy, and a flexible working environment, so if you need to work from home on occasion, or shoot away for an appointment, it's not a problem!
Smart, enthusiastic and friendly? Get in touch! Everything else we can work on.
Please apply through this website, and do include a cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will be discarded. If you are not a New Zealand citizen then please indicate your right to work in New Zealand.