Daniel: I can't claim the specific recipe (I usually use the Edmonds Cookbook), but as a kiwi living in Chicago, I make it for anyone who has a sweet tooth!
David: The recipe here is a bound copy from my mum's original recipe book.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 225g/8oz sugar
- 1 dessertspoon corn flour
- Beat egg whites stiff, add sugar, gradually beating all the time. Add corn flour, keep beating. Add vanilla and vinegar, beat again.
- Bake for 45 mins at 250°C/482 F, then turn the oven off and leave for another 15 mins. Do not open the oven door.
- Once the pavlova has cooled, decorate with whipped cream, fresh strawberries and kiwifruit slices.
- If you feel like going against the grain a little – use passionfruit or raspberries.
Join ANZACC at the TimeZoneOne offices to hear Daniel share his story.