Christmas Eve is quite possibly my favorite day of the year. We spend all day in pajamas and slippers, grazing over a huge spread of appetizers while sipping Prosecco and watching movie after movie. Elf, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation and Home Alone (the original – always the original). When the 24 hour marathon for A Christmas Story starts, we switch gears and move on to my mom’s famous Peppermint Martinis. Note from experience: Whoever cleans up at night should not finish off what’s in everyone else’s glasses, unless it’s already bed time.
- Vanilla vodka
- Peppermint schnapps
- Either Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur or white crème de cacao
- Cream (half and half or whipping)
- Add ounce each of vodka and white chocolate liqueur (or crème de cacao).
- Add half ounce of peppermint schnapps.
- Splash in as much cream as you want.
- Pour over ice in a shaker and shake well.
Nice to pour these into chilled glasses – frosted martini glasses are extra festive. I like to hang a mini candy cane on the rim. Or you can wet the glass rim and rim it with the crushed peppermint. I also do these in a pitcher, which is a simple way to serve for a party (obviously double, triple or even quadruple the recipe if need be!)
Join ANZACC at the TimeZoneOne offices to hear Daniel share his story.