This is an American snack, usually made around the holidays. You can make peanut butter flavors, Nutella, or other spread flavors but the original is peanut butter & chocolate! Why I like it? Hmm, taste it and it’ll be self-explanatory. Just make sure you wear stretchy pants (or no pants) on that day, ‘cause once you get a first taste, you can’t stop…
- 9 cups/225g/8oz crispy rice cereal squares
- ½ cup/125g/4.4oz peanut butter
- 1 cup/175g/6.2oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups/190g/6.5oz confectioner’s sugar / icing sugar
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate; add peanut butter and mix until smooth.
- Remove from heat, add cereal and stir until coated.
- Pour powdered sugar into large plastic bag, add coated cereal and shake until well coated. Store in airtight container.
Join ANZACC at the TimeZoneOne offices to hear Daniel share his story.