You’re a creative, confident and generally all-around awesome digital content writer, aren’t you? It’s okay, you can admit it. And what style and panache you do it with! My goodness. What a great time it must be being you.
Still, finding the right outlet for the kind of magnificence that spills forth from your brain and fingers… it can be a burden, can’t it?
Well, now that we have formed a bond with you, flattered your skills and character, and identified a challenge you may be facing, allow us to follow through on the final stage of our cleverly-constructed marketing overture: the right outlet for you is at TimeZoneOne!
Yes, we’re looking for someone just like you to join in some TimeZoneFun* in our Chicago office.
(* Please note: fun not guaranteed, but the odds are pretty good.)
If you’d like to gain experience in a fast-paced agency setting while also getting to write to your heart’s content, stretch your creative and strategic faculties, and build a varied portfolio of high-quality content, then it sounds like we'd love to work with you.
Duration: June - December 2018
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Write exceptional content for TimeZoneOne clients including:
- Blog posts and articles
- Social media posts
- Press releases
- Landing pages
- Video scripts
- Email marketing
- Research articles
- Conduct interviews, create transcripts, and edit into compelling articles
- Source high quality images
- Create search engine optimized meta data for digital content and images
- Upload content to websites, and populate email templates with content
- Proof and edit copy, emails, web-pages and other materials
- Curate user-generated content
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Here’s what you’ll already have:
- Experience writing digital content
- An understanding of what makes great digital content
- Exceptional verbal and written skills, including creative writing, copyediting, and proofreading
- A strong command of language and an adaptable written voice
- Research skills
- A discerning visual eye
- Familiarity with uploading content to websites using a content management system
- The ability to multitask, work independently, and problem solve on the fly
- The ability to read a brief and follow instructions
- The ability to work quickly in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
It would help if you have a Bachelor’s degree (or you’re currently pursuing a degree) in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Advertising or a similar field of study, or if you have some experience working as a content writer.
But hey, if you have none of the above but are still a great digital writer, go ahead and apply. We’re looking for talent, and sometimes that just shines out of people like magic. We’re jealous of that, but we also like to borrow that talent whenever we can.