We’re seeking a dynamic public relations specialist with a go-getter attitude.
You’ll play an integral role in complementing the day-to-day efforts of the public relations, media relations, social media and content teams. Working closely with the PR team, this position is responsible for implementing media relations strategies and performing all traditional media relations functions including writing, initiating media contact and placement, pitching and securing, corresponding with media and partners, providing direct support to media for individual visits, press tours, in-market missions, events, receptions, etc. This position will also work with the Content team to write website articles, newsletters, bylined articles and other written pieces.
The ideal candidate has two to four years of public relations experience with a strong background in media relations, writing as well as a passion for sports and tourism. Previous agency experience is preferred. This is an exciting new position for our expanding PR team with opportunity for growth.
- Generate media coverage for clients with local, regional, national and international outlets across print, broadcast and digital
- Writing and editing social media calendars
- Creating press materials and building/maintaining media lists for international, national, regional, local and trade media
- Writing and editing press releases and media materials
- Staffing client activations and press events as well as providing onsite social media support
- Contributing PR and marketing ideas to assist with larger strategy
- Creating PR and media relations reports
- Proofing and editing copy for content teams
- Collaborating with creative, development and content teams to ensure integration of PR efforts
- Assist with managing team of interns
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 2-4 years of public relations experience with a strong background in public relations, media relations and writing
- Must have a degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Advertising or a similar field of study
- Experience pitching media
- Superior verbal and written skills, including but not limited to creative writing, copyediting and proofreading
- Professional demeanor, strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced, team oriented environment with multiple client deadlines.
- Ability to represent clients in a professional manner while interfacing with internal and external clients
- Organized and [very] detail-oriented with a keen eye for grammar, spelling, etc.
- Experience with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- A positive attitude
TimeZoneOne is a global creative communication agency that integrates brand building, PR, travel trade marketing, website development, digital marketing, social media management, content creation, and experiential activations. This integrated approach delivers more effective communications, stronger results, and better ROI.
Born in New Zealand, our company is headquartered in Chicago with operations in five continents across the globe.
We’re pragmatic creative thinkers who care about doing a fantastic job and delivering results. We don’t do style over substance, and we don’t do agency ego.
You’re amazing. We should talk.
Have a question about this role? Email Julie at [email protected]