The TimeZoneOne (TZO) story started in Christchurch 26 years ago, and as our American client base grew we expanded to the USA. Our creative team remained in Christchurch working on major international brands.
TZO is now part of the Schafer Condon Carter (SCC) family, a data-driven human insights agency based in Chicago, crafting thoughtful brand experiences for large clients across North America.
Together, our teams are experienced and know the NZ, Australian, USA and Canadian markets well so we're great at creating big ideas for our clients, and ROI to go with it. It's challenging and it's very, very rewarding.
Our clients are a mix of tourism, destination, education, property, food, manufacturing & agriculture companies, selling into both international and domestic markets.
The Role: Digital Project Manager
We are looking for a Digital Project Manager with outstanding organisation and communication skills to act as our conduit between our clients and the Development team, with strong technical knowledge of web technologies. Working closely with our Developers and the Client Engagement teams in the US, Canada and NZ, you will be involved from start to finish in building new websites and applications. This role requires that you already have a solid background in agency work and in project and team management.
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years experience in Digital Agency in a similar role
- Proven project management experience in development projects
- Strong technical understanding, with a detailed knowledge of current web technologies
- Excellent organisational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Great people and communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience leading client meetings, presentations and communications
- Experience or familiarity working in an Agile environment
- Ability to impact and control key project participants and outcomes
- Working with Client Engagement and clients to understand their goals and objectives
- Scoping project requirements, creating clear, easy to understand user stories
- Accurately planning, budgeting and scheduling tasks and projects
- Facilitating sprint planning
- Create project communication plans, prepare status reports and conduct internal and external status meetings regularly
- Running daily stand-ups and managing the development process
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within the scope and within budget
- Working with the creative, development and client engagement teams to meet client expectations
- Effectively communicating with clients on project progress and outcomes
- QA all project deliverables
- Monitoring and reporting on project outcomes, including time and budget performance
- Managing project risk
As part of the development team, you will gain experience with modern technologies and working practices. As an Agile team, we are committed to communication and continuous improvement of what we deliver and how we work. Join us and participate in daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, retrospective sessions.
Benefits and perks
- Members of Canterbury Tech Cluster: head along to monthly events and the annual Tech Summit free of charge
- Fair-trade organic espresso coffee, monthly team lunch and a weekly fruit basket
- Fun and modern central city office with sit / stand desks
- Located in the vibrant, rejuvenating city of Christchurch where nothing is more than a 20 minute drive away
Smart, enthusiastic and friendly? Get in touch! Everything else we can work on.
Please apply through the link below, and do include a cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will be discarded. If you are not a New Zealand citizen then please indicate your right to work in New Zealand.