The TimeZoneOne (TZO) story started in Christchurch, New Zealand 27 years ago, and as our American client base grew, we expanded to the USA. Today, our team is located in the US and New Zealand and is part of the Schafer Condon Carter (SCC) family, an independent, digitally driven, full service group of problem solvers who work together to make things happen for brands and businesses.
Together, our teams craft thoughtful experiences for clients in NZ, Australian and North American markets from local companies to major international brands. All with the ROI to go with it. It's challenging and it's very, very rewarding.
Our clients are a mix of tourism, destination, education, property, food, manufacturing & agriculture companies, selling into both international and domestic markets.
The Role: Intermediate Back-End Web Developer
Do you love learning? Do you enjoy being a valuable part of a supportive team? Are you passionate about delivering fantastic solutions for clients? Does technology and the pursuit of excellence spin your wheels? Then this job is for you.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, diploma in ICT, or similar
- 2-4 years of commercial PHP experience
- Comfortable with the command line.
- Confident with Composer and build tools.
- Familiarity with Git / GitHub / GitLab, and workflows
- 2+ years experience with an Object Oriented MVC framework such as SilverStripe, Lavarel, Symphony etc
- Ideally, experience with SilverStripe CMS and framework
Benefits and perks
- Members of Canterbury Tech Cluster: head along to monthly events and the annual Tech Summit free of charge
- Fair-trade organic espresso coffee and a weekly fruit basket
- Fun and modern office with sit / stand desks
- We pride ourselves on an unlimited paid leave policy, and a flexible working environment, so if you need to work from home on occasion, or shoot away for an appointment, it's not a problem!
Smart, enthusiastic and friendly? Get in touch! Everything else we can work on.
Please apply via the Seek link below, and do include a cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will be discarded. If you are not a New Zealand citizen then please indicate your right to work in New Zealand. We would love to see any commercial or personal projects or GitHub repos that demonstrate your skills, interests, or just plain love of the web.