The TimeZoneOne (TZO) story started in Christchurch 26 years ago, and as our American client base grew we expanded to the USA. Our creative team remained in Christchurch working on major international brands. TZO is now part of the Schafer Condon Carter (SCC) family, a data-driven human insights agency based in Chicago, crafting thoughtful brand experiences for large clients across North America. Together, our teams are experienced and know the NZ, Australian, USA and Canadian markets well so we're great at creating big ideas for our clients, and ROI to go with it. It's challenging and it's very, very rewarding.
Our clients are a mix of tourism, destination, education, property, food & beverage, manufacturing & agriculture companies, selling into both international and domestic markets.
The Role: Intermediate Creative Copywriter
The chosen candidate will display a history of writing engaging copy for ATL & digital campaigns - across print, OOH, POS, and digital media. You’ll be well acquainted with attracting customers online and offline through your creative use of brand voice and top-quality copywriting. You’ll be working collaboratively across timezones with other team members and key stakeholders to produce top-level creative outputs, delivering business results for SCC and TZO clients based both in the US and New Zealand. Ideally you’ll demonstrate a deep understanding of American and New Zealand culture and an ability to connect with relevant audiences.
Skills & Experience
- 4+ years experience working on creative copy ideation and campaigns for substantial brands
- Experience & understanding of consumer campaign best practices and industry standards
- Experience working directly with clients and facilitating meetings
- Exceptional communication skills. You must be able to write strong briefs, and reports, and communicate with warmth and efficiency by email, in person, or by phone
- Experienced and confident presenting ideas and work, and educating clients and colleagues
- Commitment to quality
- An eye for detail and systematic processes
- Experience working with tight deadlines
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as part of an outstanding team
- A commitment to personal development and life-long learning
- You enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems
Benefits and perks
- Fair-trade organic espresso coffee and a weekly fruit basket
- Fun and modern office with sit / stand desks
- We pride ourselves on an unlimited paid leave policy, and a flexible working environment, so if you need to work from home on occasion, or shoot away for an appointment, it's not a problem!
Smart, enthusiastic and friendly? Get in touch! Everything else we can work on.
Please apply through the link below, and do include a cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will be discarded. If you are not a New Zealand citizen then please indicate your right to work in New Zealand. We would love to see examples of your work that demonstrates your skills, interests, or just plain love of copywriting and language.