We’re looking for a manager of strategic partnerships, with a track record of delivering sales revenue, business results, and lasting relationships. You’ll be based in our Chicago office, providing leadership, management, and strategic analysis to drive overall business growth from existing and new client partners.
You will be responsible for meeting with existing clients to grow business and asking for referrals. You will also be responsible for presenting TimeZoneOne (TZO) to potential clients, developing an active pipeline of business leads in collaboration with our client engagement team, proactively reaching out to prospects regarding brand and content strategy, storytelling, and amplification through digital and social engagement, PR and travel trade marketing.
Our business is built on relationships, so you will be responsible for developing strategic creative partnerships with media buying agencies, and other potential partners. You will also develop co-op marketing solutions for our client partners.
You will also drive new product development, managing business planning and sales for new products and services, researching and presenting new opportunities, and continually pushing boundaries to ensure TimeZoneOne is an innovative leader in tourism and travel marketing.
You have five plus years’ experience in a similar role, and a solid track record of delivering sales and business growth. Ideally, you have a network of connections in destination marketing, travel and tourism.
You have exceptional communication skills, you enjoy public speaking, and you’re experienced and confident presenting ideas and work and educating clients and colleagues. You are committed to quality and have the ability to think strategically, while also having an eye for detail and systematic processes.
- Identify short and long-term revenue opportunities from existing clients and prospects.
- Work with client engagement on developing new opportunities from existing clients and meet with existing clients to present new project opportunities and ask for referrals.
- Reach out to potential clients to discover their needs and opportunities to provide brand and content strategy, storytelling, and amplification through digital and social engagement, PR and travel trade marketing.
- Present TZO capabilities and solutions to potential clients.
- Create a sales pipeline, and nurture leads in collaboration with our marketing and creative team. We use the ActiveCampaign CRM.
- Identify RFP opportunities in our target markets.
- Coordinate RFP responses in collaboration with our marketing and creative team.
- Seek and secure appropriate public speaking opportunities, and educational opportunities that show case TZO expertise to our target markets.
Building Relationships & Co-op Marketing Solutions
- Develop strategic creative partnerships with media buying agencies, and other potential partners.
- Develop co-op marketing solutions for our client partners.
- Generate revenue from co-op campaigns.
- Drive new product development.
- Manage business planning and sales for new products and services.
- Research and present new product and service opportunities, and continually push boundaries to ensure TimeZoneOne is an innovative leader in tourism and travel marketing.
- Work with the creative, digital, intern and business teams on creative ideation and campaign planning.
- Ensure high value work (key creative and strategy) are presented to client in person, by the appropriate members of the TZO team.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time, to scope, and on budget, to ensure job profitability for TZO.
- Identify client growth opportunities. look for opportunities to proactively add value to, and educate our partners, showcase all aspects of TZO expertise, and present new project opportunities.
- Set and manage clients’ expectations
- Conduct competitive analysis for clients and prospects.
- Help create TZO presentations, publications, and other marketing initiatives.
- Represent TZO at industry events and networking events.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- A solid track record of delivering sales and business growth.
- A track record of developing long term relationship with your clients
- A sound knowledge of digital, public relations, content development, print and/or creative
- An awesome attitude, and a sense of humor. You provide solutions, not problems, and you default to laughter when the going gets tough.
- Outstanding communication and writing skills.
- You enjoy public speaking, and you’re experienced and confident presenting ideas and work and educating clients and colleagues.
- The ability to plan strategically.
- Commitment to quality and an eye for detail and systematic processes.
- Ability to manage large projects, driving projects from brief until completion.
- Experience working with tight deadlines.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as part of an outstanding team.
- A track record of building strong relationships with your team, and suppliers.
- US citizen or resident with the ability to travel on occasion.
- Ideally, you have a network of connections in destination marketing, travel and tourism.
- Stamina, flexibility, and resilience.
- A genuine passion for working with people.
- You enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems.
- A commitment to personal development and life-long learning.