The TimeZoneOne U.S. office is looking for a passionate public relations intern who is eager for real, hands-on agency experience. The public relations intern will play an integral role in complementing the day-to-day efforts of the public relations, media relations and social media management teams.
This role could involve everything from social media writing and management to live on the ground social content at major press events, press release creation and media research. We are looking for qualified candidates who have a completed college degree or are entering into their senior year.
The position is fulltime and paid.
Duration: May–August 2019
- Creating press materials
- Building media lists
- Writing and editing social media calendars
- Gathering live social content for press events
- Creating PR and social media reports
- Proofing and editing copy for content teams
- Staffing media visits from international markets
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Must be working towards or have a degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Advertising or a similar field of study
- Superior verbal and written skills, including but not limited to AP style, creative writing, copyediting and proofreading
- Keen eye for grammar, spelling, etc.
- Organized and [very] detail-oriented
- Experience/willingness to assist with live on the ground social content
- Experience with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest
- Understanding of PR principles
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Previous agency internship experience is a plus
- Interest in working in travel, tourism and/or hospitality a plus
TimeZoneOne is a global creative communication agency that integrates brand building, PR, travel trade marketing, website development, digital marketing, social media management, content creation, and experiential activations. This integrated approach delivers more effective communications, stronger results, and better ROI. Born in New Zealand, our company is headquartered in Chicago with operations in five continents across the globe.
We are pragmatic creative thinkers who care about doing a fantastic job and keep results at the forefront of our thinking. We don’t do agency style over substance, and we don’t do agency ego.