The TimeZoneOne (TZO) story started in Christchurch 26 years ago, and as our American client base grew we expanded to the USA. Our creative team remained in Christchurch working on major international brands.
TZO is now part of the Schafer Condon Carter (SCC) family, a data-driven human insights agency based in Chicago, crafting thoughtful brand experiences for large clients across North America.
Together, our teams are experienced and know the NZ, Australian, USA and Canadian markets well so we're great at creating big ideas for our clients, and ROI to go with it. It's challenging and it's very, very rewarding.
Our clients are a mix of tourism, destination, education, property, food, manufacturing & agriculture companies, selling into both international and domestic markets.
The Role: Senior Graphic Designer
The chosen candidate will produce exceptional creative delivering business results for SCC and TZO clients based in the US.
You’ll join our high-performing creative team, working in our Christchurch office but also collaborating across our Chicago and Toronto teams for ideation and to deliver integrated campaigns.
Your role is to produce creative that resonates with customers and meets the business goals of our partners. You will collaborate with your colleagues and your clients, sharing inspiration and ideas, with the goal of making our work exceptional, innovative, and effective.
In addition, you will look for opportunities to proactively add value to, and educate our partners, showcase all aspects of TZO expertise, and present new project opportunities. You will help create TZO presentations, publications, and other marketing initiatives, and represent TZO at networking events.
It's also important that you have a solid foundation in core digital design skills with particular focus on UX/UI. We're looking for an expert in Adobe XD (you’ll be collaborating with colleagues in the US on XD files), who's familiar with user experience outputs (user flows, prototypes, wireframes, and mockups).
An understanding of how layouts work in html/css is also expected of someone at this level. If you’re one of those rare individuals with crossover front-end dev knowledge, we’re even more eager to hear from you.
People skills are essential to this role. We need you to work as part of a team, communicate well, bring a positive attitude, and be prepared to talk to clients. We will both challenge and support you to learn and grow in this role. We will also require flexibility in your working hours - early morning starts and the odd Saturday morning will be required in this role to ensure we have suitable crossover with the US based team and clients.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience working on creative ideation and campaigns for substantial brands.
- A track record of producing exceptional creative that delivers business results.
- Competent following UX/UI principles in Adobe XD and HTML/CSS.
- Experience working directly with clients and facilitating meetings.
- Exceptional communication skills. You must be able to write strong briefs, and reports, and communicate with warmth and efficiency by email, in person, or by phone.
- Experienced and confident presenting ideas and work and educating clients and colleagues.
- Commitment to quality.
- An eye for detail and systematic processes.
- Experience working with tight deadlines.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as part of an outstanding team.
- A commitment to personal development and life-long learning.
- You enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems.
- NZ citizen or resident.
Benefits and perks
- Fair-trade organic espresso coffee and a weekly fruit basket
- Fun and modern office with sit / stand desks
- We pride ourselves on an unlimited paid leave policy, and a flexible working environment, so if you need to work from home on occasion, or shoot away for an appointment, it's not a problem!
Smart, enthusiastic and friendly? Get in touch! Everything else we can work on.
Please apply through the link below, and do include a cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will be discarded. If you are not a New Zealand citizen then please indicate your right to work in New Zealand. We would love to see examples of your work that demonstrates your skills, interests, or just plain love of graphic or digital design.