CHICAGO: TimeZoneOne, a global creative communications agency, ended 2017 on a high note, adding several diverse and high-profile companies to its client roster – both in the United States and abroad. TimeZoneOne will apply its brand-building and digital communications expertise to help its new clients, already leaders in their competitive arenas, find and target new customers and build a better bottom line. The innovative companies that are partnering with TimeZoneOne include travel giant Expedia.com, Chicago-based Garrett Brands (owner of Garrett Popcorn Shops and Frango Chocolates), culinary farm-to-table innovator Firefly Grill in Effingham, Ill., New Zealand destination brands The Alpine Pacific Touring Route and Northland Inc., and a Canadian mountain resort, Panorama.
Daniel Thomas, TimeZoneOne CEO, says the growing roster of clients, combined with recognition from the National Council of State Tourism Directors, are part TimeZoneOne’s expansion plan and story of growth. He notes that he’s pleased the company closed out the busy and successful year with a series of client wins and that he expects TimeZoneOne to build on that momentum in 2018. “We are well positioned to solve problems and tell stories. That’s our expertise, and why innovative leaders in their industries want to work with us. They know we can help their businesses compete even more effectively in their challenging landscapes,” Thomas says.
In addition to announcing its growing list of new clients, TimeZoneOne is closed out the year with a significant honor celebrating its digital and design work – the website for the Illinois Office of Tourism, enjoyillinois.com, won the 2017 Mercury Award for Best Travel Website. TimeZoneOne rebuilt the site and now manages its content and ongoing optimization. The Mercury Awards are given by the National Council of State Tourism Directors and recognize excellence and creative accomplishment in state destination marketing and promotion. The Best Travel Website award showcases outstanding, imaginative and exciting marketing and promotional work.
TimeZoneOne, which was founded in New Zealand in 1994 and has its global headquarters in Chicago, works extensively with companies that market destinations, attractions and adventures. Clients include the Illinois Office of Tourism, Chicago’s Magnificent Mile Association and the Chicago Wolves professional ice hockey team, as well as companies in New Zealand, Canada and other countries. TimeZoneOne’s newest clients and projects include:
- Expedia.com, a leading full-service online travel brand with a booking site, helping millions of travelers plan, and book trips and activities every month. Expedia.com uses the latest technology and features a wide selection of airfares, hotel, car rentals, cruises, things to do and more.
- Garrett Brands, Chicago-based owner of Garrett Popcorn Shops, a Chicago tradition since 1949, and Frango Chocolates, since 1918.
- Firefly Grill, a farm-to-table restaurant in Effingham, IL, which attracts “foodies” from all over the country, thanks to its reputation for quality and freshness, as well as its ever-changing seasonal menu. Firefly is owned and operated by a husband and wife team, Niall and Kristie Campbell. Much of the food comes from their farm, and other items are selected locally or sourced from artisan farmers, foragers and fishermen.
- The Alpine Pacific Touring Route, featuring 450 kilometers of spectacular New Zealand scenery that includes wineries, alpine thermal pools, wild surf and whales. It is destined to be known as one of the top scenic routes in the world, as it is packed with unforgettable New Zealand experiences.
- Northland Inc., the economic development agency for Northland, New Zealand’s subtropical North. The Northland region is home to ancient kauri forests, subtropical coastlines and a vibrant Maori community (some of the oldest traces of the Maori settlement can be found in Northland).
About TimeZoneOne: TimeZoneOne integrates brand building, public relations, website development, digital marketing, social media management, content creation and experiential activations. This integrated approach delivers more effective communications, stronger results and better ROI. Founded in New Zealand in 1994, TimeZoneOne’s global headquarters is in downtown Chicago, with an office in Christchurch, New Zealand; strategic partners in the UK, Japan, Germany and Australia; and clients in United States, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. Industry recognition includes an Effie, Mercury Award, W3 Awards, Communicator Awards and Davey Award. For more information, go to what we do page.
The Illinois Office of Tourism’s website EnjoyIllinois.com, designed and developed by TimeZoneOne, received the U.S. Travel Association’s Mercury Award for outstanding travel website.