Route 66 Illinois
Route 66. The Mother Road. A larger stretch of this iconic American highway exists in Illinois than in any other state. So, it makes sense for travelers seeking the most authentic Mother Road experience to get their kicks on Illinois’ Route 66!
One Destination, Three CVBs
Three Convention and Tourism Bureaus — Heritage Corridor, Springfield and Great Rivers and Routes — decided they could accomplish more by working together to promote Route 66 to a global market.
They united with TimeZoneOne to create Route 66 Illinois, a new travel entity that showcases all the destinations and attractions visitors can discover throughout the state’s stretch of the legendary roadway.
The TZO travel trade team created and executed a strategic plan to take Route 66 to the rest of America and the world. Efforts included:
- Developing ads for a variety of industry publications;
- Producing marketing materials like profile sheets, pamphlets, training decks and maps;
- Creating promotional assets for high-profile events including banners, street decals, giveaway items and more;
- Representing Route 66 Illinois in person at the Illinois State Fair and the Mother Road Festival;
- Showcasing Illinois to a global audience on international sales missions in London, Dublin, New York City and Orlando;
- Managing Route 66 Illinois’ presence at IPW 2022 in Orlando, including registration, booth design, appointment coordination and more
When other vodka brands have much larger budgets, how do you communicate points of difference and convince people to buy from a smaller, New Zealand made brand?
What would align with the Westin Kierland brand, incorporate wellness, bring its beautiful location to life and feature elements of both relaxation and fun?
One year into the global vaccination campaign, a new challenge emerged: how to overcome Covid fatigue and lingering fears about the vaccine fueled by disinformation.